Having a facebook page is a good first step, but you have to post regularly to get the full benefits from your social media presence. Updating your facebook is typically the responsibility of the Vice President of Public Relations (VPPR). As webmaster, you may choose to take over this task or partner with the VPPR to ensure consistent posts.
Don't know what to post about? Here are some ideas:
- Promote and preview your upcoming meeting (especially if it has a theme)
- Recap a recent meeting (especially if you took pictures or short video clips)
- Announce a special event like contests and open houses
- Celebrate club milestones and member achievements
- Share articles from the Toastmasters magazine
- Create your own professional graphics with Canva
- Create events to keep track of members and guests RSVPing
- Post quotes from famous, inspirational, insightful speakers
- Share videos of interesting speeches
- Share news from the district's facebook page
Aim for at least one post a week. A club with a strong social media presence has 12+ posts over the course of the last 3 months.